Tuesday, December 12, 2006

In the post

Just got a huge stack of letters from everyone in Grade 5 at Aitken College, which I visited a couple of months ago. Fabulous letters, all decorated with pirate ships and flags, and lots of pictures of the chalice that appears in Ocean Without End and which surprisingly seems to have captured everyone's attention. It's fascinating to read how they all see the characters.
One of my favourite comments comes from Jake, who is hedging his bets like a true pirate:
This is the first pirate story I have ever read and I think it will be the best. Everything in the book sounds so cool. I haven't started reading the second book but I think it will be the best. But then again the third book might be even better than 1 and 2.

Now, that's cool. Cheers Jake - and everyone at Aitken.

No comments: